Sunday, March 23, 2008

easter egg hunts

Holidays are a time for nostalgia!

I really like Easter and everything that comes with it; espcially spring cleaning! I feel like it is that time of year when you get to start fresh and get a start on the projects you have conjured up all winter!

Next weekend we will finally be painting our master bedroom and putting out our spring/summer bedding! When we moved into our house in September we ran out of time before winter to get the entire place how we wanted it and now I am ready to start working again! (now that all the wallpaper is down!) My fiance gave me three sets of bedding for Christmas and I am excited to try another one out! I will post pictures in a few weeks.

This post is actually about a trip most of us have taken and that is the inevitably fun hunt for easter eggs! When I was young we spent Easters in Arkansas where my mom's family lived and an Easter celebration was complimented by fried catfish! There, in the heart of the bible belt, Easter was at least a week long celebration! We dyed eggs and prepared dishes to feed 3 times the people that would actually attend. I can remember running through rice fields in my Easter Sunday best trying to find the most eggs! I miss those days.

This year Easter has slipped through my fingers. Mike and I did not do baskets for each other and we didn't even dye easter eggs with the ultimate goal being egg salad sometime next week.

Next year I am going to make the conscious effort to take a trip hunting Easter eggs!

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Three sets of bedding? I'm jealous!!! That is one of my fav things to buy :)

lil' Miss Cupcake said...

I love easter egg hunts!!

I hope you can make it to the cupcake tasting event on April 24th! It would be fun to meet you!